Denver-based Punch Bowl Social hired Franco to manage the restaurant opening for its fourth location and first in the Detroit market. Punch Bowl Social Detroit owners were particularly interested in tapping into Franco’s strong Detroit media connections as the restaurant opening faced strong competition in a growing downtown culinary scene. Our work included:
- Developing a customized program on an accelerated timeline to increase anticipation during the holiday season.
- Developing original press materials for Punch Bowl Social and introducing the media to the brand and concept.
- Conceptualizing and executing a well-attended media preview prior to the opening to allow key reporters early access to the space prior to its completion.
- Conceptualizing and executing a sold-out VIP preview party prior to opening day.
- Coordinating a full-scale media relations effort to manage the pre-opening, opening activities and post-event opportunities.
- Advising on social media concerns and event capacity questions stemming from a highly successful opening.
- Providing and pitching original media angles to maximize coverage by highlighting Punch Bowl Social’s scratch kitchen, original cocktails and vintage gaming throughout months following the opening.
- Positioning Punch Bowl Social leadership as experts in the industry locally with regular media opportunities.
Punch Bowl Social experienced four times the response for its Detroit restaurant opening than it had in other markets – due in part to the tremendous PR response. Event spaces were booked solid from pre-opening and continue to remain strong.
In 156 days, Franco earned 139 placements for Punch Bowl Social with combined reach of more than 7.6 million people. That means Punch Bowl Social – Detroit earned nearly one quality media mention every day in the first six months working with Franco.