Emagine Entertainment, a luxury theatre complex with 17 locations across the Midwest hired Franco to engage one key audience, high school students. Franco developed an integrated campaign including social media, email, web, social advertising and media relations to engage high school students in five Michigan counties. The campaign focused on a social media contest where students independently filmed a “hush reel” video reminding audiences to silence their cell phones before movies. The winning contest entry, determined by audience voting and a panel of Emagine judges, was announced at a red carpet premiere-style party at Emagine Royal Oak and shown in Emagine Theatres before show times following the contest.
Franco conceptualized and managed the execution of the contest campaign from start to finish, including:
- Developing contest rules and video submission guidelines
- Implementing an integrated communications strategy to raise awareness before during and after the contest
- Utilizing analytics to optimize the effectiveness of social ads
- Creating all marketing materials and event signage
- Managing the submission and winner selection process.
The contest was a resounding success. Emagine received more than 100 entries from 37 high schools in five counties, and 81 media placements. The contest page was visited nearly 45,000 times and just shy of 9,000 votes were cast. Best of all, Emagine successfully engaged the teenage audience they were looking to grow.