After nearly 40 years as a communications industry pro, we are sad to say goodbye to our incredible Vice President Pat Adanti-Joy as she prepares for retirement.
Pat joined the Franco family nearly eight years ago. Ever since, she has led Franco’s nonprofit team with expertise, passion and dedication. Throughout her time at Franco, Pat has made quite a few special memories that she will take with her.
Here are some things she’ll always remember from her time at Franco:
- One of Pat’s favorite memories of her career and time at Franco is working with young professionals new to the communications field. Pat was always excited to meet young professionals and take all the experience she’s had over the years and pass it along to them. Not only was Pat eager to help newcomers in the industry, but she also looked forward to learning from them. Pat fondly recalls watching young professional she’s worked with grow their skill set and evolve as communications strategists.
- Franco’s office renovation was a challenging time for the entire team. Having to pack up everything and work out of boxes in a temporary office across the hall wasn’t ideal. It sounds like a strange thing to reflect on fondly, but Pat remembers it as a defining moment in her Franco career. She says seeing the team face adversity and not let it affect their work revealed the strength of the Franco team. Pat also said working in an unconventional way was a huge bonding experience for the whole team. The new office also allowed for the team to work more collaboratively and made the whole experience worth it!
- Pat and her account team have done a lot of amazing work for nonprofits across Detroit during her career at Franco. Heading up Franco’s nonprofit team was incredibly rewarding for Pat. She says seeing the efforts the team put forward make an impact in the community and, more importantly, enhance the lives of those each nonprofit serves, is one of the highlights of her career.
- An office with a view can make coming to work every day a lot easier. One of Pat’s favorite Franco memories is simply being able to look out the window at the Detroit River. Also being in the heart of the city for the past eight years, Pat was able to watch the resurgence of the city. She found lots of inspiration from the city around her.
- One of the things Pat is going to miss most about Franco is being a “co-mom” with our office manager, Lori. Pat loved working side-by-side with Lori, planning Franco events and taking care of the whole Franco family.
We will certainly miss Pat and her infectious laugh, but we can’t wait to see where this new journey will take her. After doing nonprofit work professionally for decades, Pat is excited to volunteer her time as a member of the community. She’s also looking forward to spending time with her boys and crossing travel destinations off her bucket list.
Congratulations, Pat, and thank you for all your amazing work!