Daniel F. Ponder
Chief Executive Officer
As CEO, Dan Ponder oversees Franco’s business development and operations. He also provides strategic counsel in business and marketing to Franco’s clients with particular emphasis on the integration of an organization’s operations and communications disciplines.
Dan exemplifies Franco’s commitment to the community with his active involvement in several of Michigan’s key institutions and charitable organizations. They include:
- Vice-Chairman and Treasurer of the Detroit Regional Chamber Board of Directors, member of its Executive Committee, Chairman of its joint Audit / Finance Committee, and member of the Detroit Regional Chamber Foundation Board
- Past Chairman of the Board of the Michigan Chamber of Commerce (2010) and Inaugural Chairman of its Energy, Telecommunications & Technology Committee
- Michigan Chamber PAC Board and Nominating Committee member
- Salvation Army Metro Advisory Board member including Chairman of its Development Committee, participation on the Salvation Army’s Strategic Planning and Nominating Committees
- Member of The Salvation Army Metro Detroit Advisory Board, as well as the Advisory Council Chair for The Salvation Army Southeast Michigan Adult Rehabilitation Center
- Past Chairman (2004 – 2008) of Crime Stoppers of Michigan – current Executive and Nominating Committee member
- U.S. Army Southeast Michigan Advisory Council member (TACOM LCMC)
- Past Vice-Chairman (2013 – 2015) of the St. John Providence Health System Board of Trustees including Audit Committee Chair
- Detroit Athletic Club Audit Committee
Dan has been honored for his business and community leadership with many awards and recognitions, including the Community Leadership Award presented by Crime Stoppers of Michigan (2014); Corporate Hero Award presented by Michigan Youth Appreciation Foundation and Metro Youth Day (2015); and Michigan State University Executive MBA Alumni of the Decade Award (2015).
Prior to joining Franco, Dan was a member of Deloitte’s Private Company Advisory Service. He holds a Bachelor of Arts in accounting from Michigan State University and an Executive MBA from MSU’s Broad College of Business. He is a graduate of the Detroit Regional Chamber’s Leadership Detroit X and a recent graduate of the U.S. Army War College 2015 National Security Seminar.